LAST UPDATED: 10/26/22
10kap Inc. (“10kap”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are a corporation established in Colorado, United States of America and for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (the “GDPR”), we are the data controller.
The Information We Collect
INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO US
When you interact with us, you may choose to provide certain information including:
- When you contact us. When you submit an inquiry through the Site or otherwise contact us, we may receive your basic contact information, such as your name, email address, and phone number. We will also receive any other information you choose to include in your message.
- When you register for an account we may collect your name, email address, password and other details necessary to complete your registration.
- When you sign up for our mailing list or other alerts: in order to add you to our alerts or mailing lists, we may collect your name and email address.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
When you visit our Site, we will automatically collect certain information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone or other access device. This information includes your IP address, location, device information including identifier, name and operating system, mobile network information and standard web information such as your browser type and the pages you access on our Site.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM THIRD PARTIES
Depending on whether or not you choose to connect with us on other platforms, we may also receive information from third parties, such as:
- Through our social media platforms. If you join one of our social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram or Strava, we may receive information you choose to share with us through those platforms (e.g. run distance and other statistics, profile information, event RSVPs, etc.).
Why We Use Your Information
We process your information in order to perform our contract with you, such as to:
- provide you with our content, and functionality;
- communicate with you about your customer service inquiries;
- register and maintain your account or membership with us; and
- administer and provide services and customer support per your request.
We obtain your consent to process your information for the following reasons:
- sign you up for our newsletters or alerts;
- verify our registered customers;
- personalize our services for you; and
- if you opted into marketing, to communicate with you about products, services, marketing, promotions, events and other news and information we think will be of interest to you.
In order to be responsive to you and maintain our business relationship, as a matter of our legitimate interests, we will use your information to:
- to send you announcements in relation to security, privacy or administrative related communications (these communications are not marketing orientated, and we do not rely on consent, so you may not opt out);
- enforce our Site’s terms and conditions;
- personalize our Site to ensure content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- administer the Site, and for internal operations, in order to conduct troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey analysis;
- maintain the safety and security of our users, Site, and business;
- build and maintain the 10kap community; and
- comply with legal obligations.
Any other processing may be done in order to comply with local law and regulation.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
You can find more information about cookies and how to manage them at www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that helps us understand how users engage with our Site and allows us to understand traffic patterns to help us improve the design of our Site, the products we make and the services we offer. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track user interactions, as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how users use our Site. This information is used to compile reports and to help us improve our Site. Our reports disclose website trends without identifying individual visitors
You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our Site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
At 10kap, we understand and recognize that we must maintain and use customer information responsibly.
How We Share Your Information
Where We Store Your Information
Retention of Your Information
We will only retain your your data for as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was received:
If you stop using our Site, we will store your information in an aggregated and anonymized format.
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights in relation to your personal data. Some of these only apply in certain circumstances. We will respond to requests to exercise those rights without undue delay and at least within one month (though this may be extended by a further two months in certain circumstances). To exercise any of your rights, please email us at email@example.com.
- Access: You have the right to access personal data we hold about you, how we use it, and who we share it with.
- Portability: You have the right to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to request that we transfer it to a third party, with certain exceptions.
- Correction: You have the right to correct any of your personal data we hold that is inaccurate.
- Erasure: In certain circumstance, you have the right to delete the personal data we hold about you.
- Restriction of processing to storage only: You have the right to require us to stop processing the personal data we hold about you other than for storage purposes in certain circumstances.
- Objection: You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
- Withdrawal of consent: Where we rely on consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To exercise any of these rights, you can contact email@example.com.
Please note that these rights are in many cases limited by law. For example, where fulfilling your request would adversely affect other individuals or 10kap trade secrets or intellectual property, where there are overriding public interest reasons or where we are required by law to retain your personal data.
NON-EUROPEAN UNION REGIONS
The sections outlined below apply to all residents outside of the European Union. If you are a California resident, you have certain rights in relation to your personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). To exercise these rights see the “Exercising Your California Privacy Rights” section.
Right to Know. You have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you (and direct our service providers to do the same). There are a number of exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
- Complete your transaction;
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it;
- Comply with a legal obligation; orEngage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
- California residents only: Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et seq.);
- Protect the free speech rights of you or other users;Fix our system in the case of a bug;
- Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
- Perform a contract between us and you;
- Provide you a good or service;
Opt-out of Sale. You have the right to opt-out of the “sale” of your personal information to third parties.
Other Rights. You can request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year. This request is free and may be made once a year. You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above.
Exercising Your Privacy Rights including CCPA request. To request access to or deletion of your personal information, or to exercise any other data rights under California law, please contact us using one of the following methods:
- Webform: You may submit your request via our webform.
- Email: You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise your rights. Please include your full name, along with why you are writing, so that we can process your request in an efficient manner.
Response Timing and Format. We may require certain information from you in order to verify your identity and respond to your request. We aim to respond to requests for access or deletion within 45 days of receipt. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
10kap.com is intended for users who are 18 years of age and older.
Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Site or over email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we take appropriate technical and organizational measures, reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to safeguard your information against loss, theft and unauthorized use, access or modification. These safeguards help us to prevent fraud and unauthorized access and maintain data accuracy. We also take reasonable precautions to limit access to your personal information within our internal systems.
Certain features of the Site permit you to initiate interactions between the Site and third-party services or platforms, such as social networks (“Social Features”). Social Features include features that allow you to click and access 10kap's pages on certain third-party platforms, such as Facebook, and from there to “like” or “share” our content on those platforms. Use of Social Features may entail a third party’s collection and/or use of your information. If you use Social Features or similar third-party services, information you post or otherwise make accessible may be publicly displayed by the third-party service you are using. Both 10kap and the third party may have access to information about you and your use of both the Site and the third-party service.
Third Party Links
Modification of Policies
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue at email@example.com or
1434 Spruce Street
Boulder, CO 80302
If you have complaints about how we process your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond to your request as soon as possible.
If you are a resident of the EEA and you think we have infringed data protection laws, you can file a claim with data protection supervisory authority in the EU country in which you live or work.